Setup Allowance Type
This function allows the users to setup various allowance types that will be used by the schools. This setup page allows you to define the application criteria for each allowance type.
Roles Involved: Department of Schools (MOE_HQ_DS_ALLOWANCE_OFFCR)
Navigate to Main Menu > Setup SACR > Product Related > Student Financials > Student Allowance > Allowance Type Setup.
- Transportation Allowance (Bus) - All transport allowance types should start with 'B' e.g. BUSB1 and BSB1
- Hostel Allowance - All hostel allowance types should start with 'H' e.g. HSTB1 and HSB1
- Living Allowance (Elaun Sara Hidup) - All living allowance types should start with 'E' e.g. ESHB1 and ESB1
- Skim Miftahun Najaah - Miftahun Najaah types should start with 'S' e.g. SMN
You will be directed to the Allowance Setup page.
- Effective Date: This is the date that this item to take effect in the system.
- Status: is the state whether this item is available to be selected or not.
- Description: The full name of this item.
- Form Type: This determine the type of allowance, currently there is 2 type:
- BI is the standard allowance type.
- PK is an allowance type for special cases/privilege which stands for "Pertimbangan Khas".
- Allowance Amount: This determine the amount of allowance given to students. Applied to Living allowance type at this time.
- Charge Amount: This determine the amount of charges made in order to pay for the service used by the student. Applied to Bus and Hostel allowance type at this time.
- Disbursement Terms: This drop down list determine the frequency of the disbursement of this allowance if active.
- Monthly: This is when disbursement is distributed on a monthly basis
- Once: This mean the allowance only disbursed once.
- Yearly: This mean the disbursement is disbursed once per year.
- If the dropdown field is left empty, this means that disbursement is absent for this allowance type.
- Mutually Exclusive Allowance Types: adding an allowance type in this list will prevent student from applying for an additional allowance type.
In the Application Criteria section, enter the field values in the Effective Date and Status. Enter any required criteria in the Nationality, Income, Distance, Income, Catchment Area and Disbursement Criteria scrolls.
- Effective Date: The starting date which the following criteria for this allowance type is activated and active
- Status: The status whether this criteria is active or inactive.
- Disbursement Terms : This set the criteria on how absentee affect the allowance amount received by student.
- No. of Days Absent Form : this is the “From” date criteria.
- No. of Days Absent to: This is the "To: date criteria.
- Amount Deducted : this is the amount deducted from the total allowance.
- Those level 1 - 3
- Lastly, you can click on "+" to add a new line or "-" to remove an existing line.
- By adding National ID Code, only student of ID type will be accepted and the others will be rejected.
- Distance from schools
- By adding a minimum and maximum distance, application outside this range will be rejected automatically.
- The minimum distance allowed is 0.1.
- By adding a minimum and maximum income, application outside the range will be rejected automatically.
- Catchment Area
- By adding the catchment area to the criteria, only student in a specific address can apply for the allowance.
- Average Income
- (only for Skim Miftahun Najaah) Similar to income, by adding a minimum and maximum income range, application not falling in the range will be rejected
Allowance Type’s naming convention for all Secondary Schools, Sixth Forms and Sports School:
Refer to the list of Allowance Type in the system.
Note: The following fields are:
Note: The following fields are
These are the 5 criteria settings
Note: Approval rules define who will be required to approve the application or the disbursement or the termination request once it has been submitted as well as the number of levels of approvals. Make sure the role name is entered and the checkbox next to, make sure the check boxes are checked in order. Anyone who is assigned to that role will be the approver.